The United Young Professionals has commended the Police Service Commission on the recent promotion of 3,665 senior officers of the Nigeria Police which includes the Police Public Relations Officer, ACP Jimoh Moshood.
In a press release by the National Coordinator of the United Young Professionals, Adewole Kehinde, he said that the Force PRO is long overdue to become not a Deputy Commissioner of Police but Commissioner of Police.
“To set the record straight, the promotion of ACP Jimoh Moshood, FPRO to Ag. DCP became necessary because of the existing vacancy in the Force Public Relations Department for the rank of Commissioner of Police.
“Furthermore, his promotion will assist to bring him at par in rank to the National Public Relations Officers of the under listed organisation that have equivalent of Commissioner of Police and Deputy Commissioner of Police as their Public Relations Officers
- The Nigerian Army has Brigadier General as Director Public Relations;
- The Nigeria Navy – has Commodore as Director of Naval Information;
- The Nigeria Air Force – has Air Vice Marshal as its Director of Public Relations;
- The Nigerian Customs Service – has Deputy Comptroller as its Public Relations Officer
- The Nigerian Immigration Service – has Deputy Comptroller as its Public Relations Officer;
- The Nigerian Prison service – has Deputy Comptroller as its Spokesperson.
- Federal Road Safety Corps – has Corps Commander as its Spokesperson
“From the above, Nigerians will agree that the Police Spokesperson in the person of ACP Jimoh Moshood deserves to be promoted as Deputy Commissioner of Police and probably Commissioner of Police in the coming months, so the insinuation that FPRO who was just promoted a few months ago to ACP is amongst officers promoted DCP, does not arise.
“We implore journalists, especially the online media; to do a thorough job before going to the press to avoid defamation of character and loss of confidence from the populace, the statement concluded