Family Loses 2 Children To Carbon Monoxide In FCT1 min read
Following a suspected carbon monoxide inhalation, two members of a family died at Angwan Sarki, Orozo, within Karshi, Abuja Municipal Area Council of FCT.
Two more victims are being treated in a hospital.
According to a report obtained by Swift Reporters, the family was cooking inside the room using a locally fabricated charcoal ovum and pot.
The intense heat and carbon monoxide emitted by the burning pot suffocated the family.
A doctor at Karshi General Hospital, where they were taken, confirmed that two of the children had died, while their mother and the last son are currently responding to treatment at the hospital in Orozo.
Swift Reporters contacted the FCT Police Command spokesperson, DSP Josephine Adeh, who confirmed the incident and stated that the police received a distress call and police personnel at Karshi Divisional Headquarters responded by forcing the door open where the mother was found unconscious with her three biological male children.
She went on to say that they were immediately evacuated to Karshi General Hospital, where two of the sons were confirmed dead by the Doctor and their mother and the last son are currently responding to treatment.