The FCT Police Command has debunked the news making the rounds in some sections of the media space alleging erroneously that bandits attacked an estate in Gwarinpa Estate, Abuja, and abducted residents.
According to a press release signed by the FCT Police Command Public Relations Officer, DSP Josephine Adeh, Anipr, Mipra, she said that on the 6th June 2022, a distress call was received from Queens Efab Estate, Kasana, Galadima Area that there was an ongoing armed robbery operation.
The statement read further, “Operatives of the Command attached to Galadima Divisional Headquarters swiftly responded and upon arrival at the Estate, the robbers took to their heels.
“The gallant operatives however gave them a chase which led to them abandoning some items they had already stolen including some phones and laptops.
The Command Spokesperson further said that it is disheartening to discover that some news platforms chose to trend a false narrative without following the ethics and standards of balanced reportage, thereby inundating the public with false, imaginary and spurious accounts of what transpired.
“The Commissioner of Police, CP Babaji Sunday, however, assures residents of the Command’s commitment to their safety and swift response to all distress calls.
“In addition to the above, members of the public are urged to remain vigilant, strengthen partnership with the Police as touching the rendition of prompt and actionable intelligence, reporting any suspicious or abnormal occurrence to the Police, the statement concluded.