……. Says trainees are the most capable public servants
The Director General of NITDA, Mallam Kashifu Abdullahi Inuwa has asked the 442 DT-TWGs Members to coordinate the implementation of the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy (NDEPS), National e-Government Master Plan (NeGMP) and any digital transformation-related activities in the public sector at the Federal level.
The DG made the call at the closing ceremony of the first phase, 4th batch of trainee who are the first Digital Transformation Technical Working Groups to be established.
“It is widely recognized that public service is the engine room for the implementation of Government policies and programmes. Building the capabilities of Government officials to deliver on Government’s mandates should be the number one priorities of any Government. As the apex IT development and regulating Agency, your capabilities to deliver on the Federal Government digital economy mandates is our primary focus, Kashifu said.
The training has the following twelve courses:
1. National Digital Economy Policy & Strategy (NDEPS) & Nigeria e-Government Master Plan (NeGMP);
2. Digital Transformation: Public Sector Perspective;
3. Government Digital Service (GDS) Innovation;
4. GOV.NG Domain Management & Sensitization;
5. Implementation of the Nigeria Government Enterprise Architecture (NGEA) and Nigeria e-Government Interoperability Framework (Ne-GIF);
6. Implementation of the Guidelines for Nigerian Content Development in ICT by FPIs;
7. IT Clearance Requirements and Processes;
8. ICT Systems Security in the Public Sector;
9. IT Project Management;
10. Organizational Change Management;
11. Government Business Processes Management and Digitization Approach; and
12. Implementation of the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR): Public Sector Perspective.
A total of 126 FPIs including NITDA and Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy were invited for the programme and a total number of 442 members of DT-TWGs from 89 FPIs were successfully trained and awarded with certifications. DT-TWG is a critical part of the IT Governance Structure for Government transformation and Digital Economy in the public sector.
The DT-TWG will be responsible for coordinating implementation of National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy (NDEPS), National e-Government Master Plan (NeGMP) and any digital transformation related activities in the public sector at the Federal level.