NOPRIN Allegations Against STS And IRT Is Baseless – Youth Alliance
The Integrity Youth Alliance has condemned the statement credited to the National Coordinator of the Network on Police Reform in Nigeria, NOPRIN, Okechukwu Nwaguma, where he was quoted to have said “May be we should publish all the cases of the criminal activities and human rights atrocities of the personnel of the IRT and STS in the states so Nigerians can see their true colors. Many of them are criminals who engage in abductions, detention, torture and extortion of targeted victims. They demand bribes in millions to release their victims. We have numerous cases and if they push too much, we will release a major report detailing shocking instances of their criminal activities”.
In a press release on Wednesday in Abuja, the National Coordinator of the Alliance Kelvin Adegbenga challenged Mr. Okechukwu Nwaguma to show evidences of his baseless allegation considering the objectives of Network on Police Reform in Nigeria.
“We wish to remind Mr. Nwaguma that both Intelligence Response Team and Special Tactical Squad achievement remained unbeatable among which is listed below:
• Arrest of Nigeria’s most notorious Kidnap kingpin Billionaire Kidnapper Chukwudumeme Onwaumadike Aka Evans in Lagos State and his Gang members, now Under Prosecution.
• Arrest of the killers of former Chief of Defense Staff (CDS) Air Marshal Alex Badeh ‘rtd’ along Keffi-Gitata Kaduna Road, Under Prosecution
• Arrest of the most wanted Boko-Haram Commander Umar Abdulmalik and Eight (8) of his Terrorists gang members, Under Investigations
• Arrest of Twenty-two (22) Boko-Haram Terrorist gang members responsible for the kidnap of the Chibok School Girls in 2014 and also responsible for series of suicide bombings/several attacks and ambush against Security Agents in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa States. Now Under Prosecution.
• Captured the Most Deadly Kidnapper in the History of Nigeria, Henry Chibueze Aka “Vampire” in Owerri, Imo State and his gangmembers, Under Prosecution
• Arrest of the Deadly Offa Bank robbers that invaded Offa Town, Kwara State and robbed five commercial Banks, the gang also murdered over Thirty-one (31) innocent Nigerians Making it the deadliest Bank Robbery in the History Of Nigeria. Under Prosecution.
• Arrest of kidnappers who kidnapped a serving Assistant Comptroller of Customs in Port Harcourt, Under Prosecution.
• Arrest of a syndicate of kidnappers, armed bandits and their sponsors in Zamfara State, after the gang had kidnapped the twin sisters before their wedding, under Prosecution
• Arrest of Osama and gang of deadly armed robbers and murderers who escaped from lawful custody at the detention Facility of SARS Lokoja, Kogi State.
• Also Arrest Of the GOD father/Grand Commander of Criminals in Kogi State, Notorious Assassin, Armed robber and Kidnapper Zakari Yau Of Kogi State. He has over 200 Armed youth under his Control including the Osama Mentioned above. Under Prosecution.
• Arrest of deadly kidnappers responsible for the kidnap/murder of Mr. John Iheanacho a staff of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)/President of Eastern Zone Investment Cooperative Society Ltd, in Port-Harcourt, Rivers State, Under Prosecution.
• Arrest of suspect responsible for the murder of Lieutenant Abubakar Yahaya Yusuf a serving Naval Officer and his girlfriend Miss. Lorraine Onye in Rivers State, Under Prosecution
• Arrest of deadly kidnappers responsible for the kidnap of two South African Citizens in Kaduna State, Under Prosecution
Arrest of the Terrorist responsible for the bombing of Kuje and Nyanya towns of Abuja and recovery of primed bombs in the FCT, Under Prosecution.
• Arrest of deadly kidnappers responsible for the kidnap of two Americans and two Canadians in Kaduna State, Under Prosecution
Arrest Of a Notorious Criminal who threaten to Kill the Former Vice President of Nigeria Atiku Abubakar and his Family. Under Prosecution
• Arrest of the kidnappers of elder statesman Chief Olu Falae in Ondo State, Sentenced to Life imprisonment by Ondo State High Court.
• Arrest of gang of deadly killers responsible for the killing of several innocent persons in Benue State and recovery of their operational weapons, under Prosecution.
• Arrest of notorious arms dealer who specializes in selling arms to armed robbers, kidnappers and Politicians in South-West/recovery of over Fifty arms and thousands of life ammunitions, Under Prosecution.
• Arrest of the most notorious armed robber in the South-West, Abiodun Egunjobi Aka “Godogodo” in Ibadan, Oyo State, he was responsible for the death of over Five hundred (500) innocent Nigerians & Police Officers, Under Prosecution.
• Arrest of the Kidnappers of the Turkish School Girls in Ogun and Lagos States, under Prosecution.
“With the few achievements above, we expected the Network on Police Reform in Nigeria, NOPRIN, under the leadership Okechukwu Nwaguma, to rather stand by the IRT and STS and called on the Inspector General of Police to strengthen the manpower and improve the welfare of the Team to do more, the statement concluded.