SPECIAL FEATURE: One Hundred Days Of Gov Diri’s Prosperity Government2 min read
FROM THE OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR FOR STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION, DOCUMENTATION AND SPEECH WRITING TO THE GOVERNOR OF BAYELSA STATE
In the last one hundred days the Prosperity Government under the leadership of Governor Douye Diri has done some things which includes;
1) The cutting down in the overhead cost by reducing the number of ministries to about 22.
2) He has also within this period set up committee to ascertain what needs to be done on projects and what is required to complete same .
3) He has also within the period began payment of pensioners their gratuities .
4) The governor has made policies and regulations in the combat of the global pandemic and the reality is clear .
5) He has also signed into law certain profound bills that will regulate the conduct of government business especially when procurement and borrowing is involved.
6) The governor in attempt to give a face lift to the state has begun to implement the master plan by ensuring that such houses that are outside the parameters of the yenagoa master plan are pulled down. This is seen both in Swali, Edepie and kpansia respectively.
7) In terms of engagement he has been engaging many stakeholders with a view to their contributions towards a better government where all shades of opinion are captured as non is a monopoly of knowledge.
It’s my submission that he definitely needs more time to show his polices and also implement same. Remember given the global pandemic we have a fall in economic activities leading to less receipt from the federation account and this has become a clog in the development wheel as funds are barely enough to cater for the daily running of government. Let us give the government some time to deal with these issues until the economy become more robust again.